After design iterations we have cut some unnecessary text out, reformatted the header, and added a home button at the top right.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
For the most part our feedback was positive and unanimous. Users felt that:
- It was easy to find the requested information (contact, specific bed bug facts, ect)
- The website was credible and the business was respectable
- They would recommend the site to a friend
- They knew what the site was about
- There were more than enough resources to contact Four Paws
- The three steps on the 'Services' page were helpful and easy to understand.
- A page header for the 'Services' page
- The links to Facebook and linked in were too far in the corner
- The home page needed a navigation button
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
- Business name- Four Paws Bed Bug Detection. The name includes the dog aspect of the company as well as letting people know what they detect.
- Web site tagline- We do not think it is necessary because the name has a strong indication of what is on the site.
- logo- The logo has a picture of the bed bug and indicates where the company is located
- URL/domain name- www.4pawsdetection.com This URL is simpler than the one the company has currently. We want customers to be able to remember the name of the web site.
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Facebook- Facebook.com/fourpaws
- Twitter- The group does not feel that four paws should have a twitter mainly because there are not many updates that people should see. Four paws has 32 followers, facebook would be more useful for them.
- Youtube- www.youtube.com/fourpawsbedbugdetection On the youtube channel there should be videos of Marley to show potential customers what exactly Marley does on a day to day basis. People do not believe that beagles can sniff out bed bugs so youtube would be a great way to show that off.
- Linkedin- www.linkedin.com/fourpawsbedbugdetection, It will be connected with Varmint Guard as well as the trainer. People will be able to find the company through this site.
- Yelp- Can show customers looking for bed bug companies in their area.
- Angies List- Great way to have feedback to attract more business
Overall we wanted to keep the names of the web sites similar to one another so customers can easily remember everything.